Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Okay for those of you that haven't heard...my computer has officially crashed...it doesn't even turn on so the pictures are on hold until I can use shelly's to download all my pictures...right now I am in the process of trying to get them off of my computer and onto cds...and for those of you that know me...I take a lot of pictures.

But needless to say, things are going very well. I am learning so much about life and even more about culture. There is no way to compare the US with Africa...they are on two totally different levels, the people here are different, the food, the entertainment...everything.

This last week Shelly and I went to Jinja and walked all around the nile river!!! BEAUTIFUL!! I have some amazing pictures that I hope to share with you soon. It was soooo peaceful...well except when we got interupted every two minutes by "tour guides" forcing to let them show us around for money...after we already paid to get in...we weren't very nice to them, but it is okay because they had no business asking us for money. Needless to say the bush is where I love to be, I hate the city. Especially here, it is nothing like any other city I have ever been in.

Next week we are hoping to travel north to Gulu. I met a guy, James, who works for Invisible Children, he is in charge of the bracelet program, we have had sometime to talk and get to know each other. He is going to take us up to Gulu sometime next week and show us all around the IDP camps (that hopefully aren't as congested with people since the film was done. www.invisiblechildren.com ) another amazing organization helping children in Uganda. As for Christopher House...we are almost done with our website!!! It should be up and running in the next couple days...be sure to check it out, you will get a really good glimpse of what we do here, all the pictures on the website I took so you can see for yourself the pictures that made it off my computer. Pray that the other ones can be recovered. www.christopherhouseministries.org God is doing good things here, and He is in the midst of Uganda in many many ways, we are just a percent of what He is doing here. Pray for protection and direction as the weeks go on...I am reaching the half way point in my trip and my prayer is that I don't waste a day of it, I pray that God uses me in any and all ways to help benefit these kids and my personal relationship with Him. Thank you guys all for being a part of this journey with me and I hope that through this experience you can see what it really means to love God's people and grasp the importance of living for Christ. I love you all and will be in touch.
In Him,
Sheena

No comments: